Wearable technologies are augmenting safety efforts in a range of industries. In this session from Augmented Enterprise 2022, enterprises discuss how they are testing and using wearables to improve workplace safety and mitigate risks. Devices covered include: Smartwatches, smart bands, smart PPE, exoskeletons, and other body-worn sensors.
- What variables can you track with wearable sensors (workplace activity, employee biometrics, location, environmental conditions, ergonomics)?
- What are the different form factors and associated costs?
- What are the types of exoskeletons and when should you insert an exoskeleton over a robot?
- Data Analytics: Turning wearable data into actionable insights
- What are the challenges of adopting safety wearables and how are companies overcoming these?
- Privacy implications and user acceptance
- Best practices for measuring ROI
- More: Device management, hygiene, smart PPE, smartwatches, employee wellness, workers’ comp, COVID safety, etc.
Moderator: Jim Xiao, Founder and President, Mason
--Dr. Julie Gilpin-McMinn, Technical Fellow Human Factors and Ergonomics, Spirit AeroSystems
--Nick Magana, Ergonomics Program Manager, Southern California Edison
--Marisol Barrero, Global Ergonomics Manager, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
--Steve Labudzinski, R&D Specialist, Con Edison
--Kevin Harrup, Sr. Manager, Emerging Technology & Innovation, Altria