“What steps do I need to take to successfully introduce and adopt AR/VR and wearables in my business?” In this session, enterprise experts discuss how to go about effectively evaluating, piloting, and deploying AR/VR and wearable tech solutions.
- Identifying an entry point and documenting upfront metrics
- Technology selection: Matching the solution to the task, user and working environment
- Pilot: Getting stakeholder support, setting a timeline (ideal pilot duration), determining pilot parameters and KPIs, and training participants
Moving Forward & Scalability
- Success strategies for scaling
- Beyond the innovation department: Finding a business sponsor and working with IT, EHS, HR, etc.
- Scaling considerations
○ End user buy-in/training and business process modifications
○ Hardware/software costs, upkeep and management
○ Data maintenance and security
- Pitfalls from pilot to deployment: Tips for avoiding pilot purgatory and other dead ends, plus advice to those at the end of the pilot phase